Sunday, July 26, 2009

My sister wants to be white! HELP!?

So, I'm almost 16 and I am white and black, but I look white [ I have blonde hair, blue eyes, and white skin]. My little sister is five 闄?and she's having major problems. Everyone in the household is white except me and her. She goes to a school where there are all different types of people. About a year ago, she started saying that white was pretty, and black wasn't. I started making sure that every day I would tell her how beautiful she was after that. After a while, she didn't say anything else about it. A few days ago she started saying stuff again. She made the comment " I wish the whole world was white, I hate black people.閳?I have no idea what to do! She never hears anyone saying anything bad about anyone because of their skin color. In our family, we love all colors. She never sees her dads side [which is mainly black], but when she did, she seemed happy to be mixed. My boyfriend is black, and she likes him a lot. Any advice? Please help! What do I do? What do I say? Thank You.



My sister wants to be white! HELP!?

Let her do what she wants



My sister wants to be white! HELP!?

Well I understand that your sister feels white and bright is prettier and history shows she is correct in some way. I feel you should tell her that all people are beautiful and if she judges people by looks that is wrong and it hurts people feelings when they feel you think they are ugly. Tell her what if someone told her she was an ugly because of her white/bright color ask her how would she feel. She wouldn't feel so good.



My sister wants to be white! HELP!?

Do nothing she`s immature ,i`m also mixed,.She will eventually learn to love a person no matter what color they are as i did.Love is about respect first and looks ..far down the line in importance!!! If the whole world was white it would be boring and there would still be prejudice ,not about skin color but about how you look.



My sister wants to be white! HELP!?

You need to reinforce about the inside of the person. Are they kind, nice, loyal, considerate, tolerant, respectful. Maybe you could get pictures of her dads side...That is a beginning for you....



My sister wants to be white! HELP!?

well if she is living around mostly white people her people of choice well most likely be white. she just need to interact with more blacks. shes only a kid they dont know better im mixed race also and i wanted to be all black but as i got older i later appreciated myself being mixed because it was unique and ladies liked it also...haha lol but i think she will be fine just make sure she dont grow up thinking black is bad.. everyone is beautiful..



My sister wants to be white! HELP!?

tell her god made every one and every color beatiful just because some1 is dinffernt does mean their ulgy their just beatiful in their own way



My sister wants to be white! HELP!?

Do what you feel is right.



My sister wants to be white! HELP!?

I've been white all my life, but I've always had a special affinity for dark skinned and/or mixed race people. I think they look exotic. Your sister is just having an identity crisis, that she will probably grow out of in a few more years. As I get older I see it more and more, that life is like a game of cards...like in Kenny Rogers song about the Gambler. Every hand's a loser and every hand's a winner. It all depends on your attitude and how you play the game. Hang in there little sister. Black is beautiful!!



My sister wants to be white! HELP!?

its common nature to segregate she's only 5 in a half, kids say stupid stuff and at that age they dont fully understand what they are saying



My sister wants to be white! HELP!?

My guess is that someone at school is making remarks about black girls being ugly. Probably something he picked up off the local rednecks. See if the school will investigate and do something, including involving the police if a child is breaking the law.



My sister wants to be white! HELP!?

She's hearing this kind of thing from someone. If it's just started up recently she may have heard someone say something at school. The best thing to do is ask her why she feels the way she does. That will give you some idea of where it came from and you can work on giving her advice that is more appropriate to the situation.



She's 5 1/2 so she's repeating what she's hearing. If it's not from someone at home it has to be from friends she plays with or at school. Just because many different types of people go there doesn't mean they all believe everyone is equal. Continue to tell her how special she is and ask her why she is saying that she hates black people. Be patient and understand that she doesn't actually understand what she's saying. Remind her of the people she knows and likes who are black and teach her the importance of seeing each person as an individual. Explain how hurtful it would be if people she likes who are black heard her say that she hates them just because they are black. She's lucky to have a big sister that will take the time to teach her.



My sister wants to be white! HELP!?

At 5 1/2 it's unlikely that she is saying anything with any meaning. She is just to young to form any meaningful opinions. A child that age reflects what she feels she needs to say to generaly fit in and be accepted. Having said that, even though she's a child, she is a person, and people are NEVER one dimentional. What I mean is even though she has a strong desire to be accepted in the family, she will also test boundaries just to see if she can identify where they are.



I think that is what she is doing. She knows she is of mixed race, %26amp; maybe she doesn't completely understand it, but she knows enough about racial issues to understand that it can be a factor as to where she is accepted. Her statement "I hate all black people" is just a test of her boundaries.



If I were you, I would tell her "No Honey, we don't hate people just because of the colour of their skin, that is wrong"



If you truly love all colour as you say, then allow her to assert herself as whatever race she chooses. You seem to have identified more as black, so if she chooses to identify more as white then LET HER. I doubt that she is denying her black heritage intentionaly. But you live in a society that polarizes people by race, %26amp; your little sis has picked up on that.



If you demonstrate to her that you will accept her no matter what she chooses as her racial identity then she will learn by your example that she can be accepted equally whether she declares herself black, or white.



My sister wants to be white! HELP!?

yeah but if she said she hates white people i bet it would be fine right im not saying what shes doing is fine but i bet if she said screw whites itll not be as bad as a moment as now.

No comments:

Post a Comment